This past week in physics we learned about electric current, resistance, power, and capacitance. Current is the number of charges passing a point per second. The rate of flow of charges. I learned that if the current that's going into the circuit is to powerful for the voltage that is made for that circuit, it will trip it, meaning a power surge will happen, and the circuit will blow. We had a home power activity that we did on the weekend, to learn how much electricity we use in our household. I found out that the dryer is the number one electricity consuming appliance in my household. I kind of thought that because to me, it does seem like it uses a lot of energy because it has to conduct heat, a lot of it to dry the amount of clothes that we put in it. I learned a lot from the lessons we learned this week, and from the power activity.

No comments:
Post a Comment