Monday, December 5, 2011

Energy



This week in physics, we learned about energy and "work." We learned about gravitational potential, and spring potential. An important law that we learned was the law of conservation, which states in an isolated system energy is neither created nor destroyed. Above is a picture of a sling shot, which is similar to a spring. When pulled back it is compressed, to find the potential of it you need the distance at how much it is pulled back, and the k which is the spring or in the case, the sling shot constant. I also learned about gravitational potential which is found when given the mass, the force of gravity, and the height at which an object is at in relation to the ground. I learned alot of new concepts and formulas this week in relation to energy and "work." 

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a sling shot, I think I lost it though haha. But this was a cool way to give an example of spring energy (:

    ReplyDelete